Did you know:
- 12 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal, allowing your blood to carry more oxygen?
- 24 hours after quitting your risk of a heart attack decreases?
- Quitting smoking helps improve your body’s ability to heal and respond to cancer treatment?
- You are likely to have fewer complications and a smoother recovery period?
- Quitting smoking may lower the risk of the cancer returning or a second cancer forming?
- Lung cancer patients who quit smoking double their survival chances compared with those who keep smoking?
- Medications that assist you can double or triple your chances of quitting?
Source: National Cancer Institute, Centers for Disease Control, British Medical Journal (2010, January 22)
SCCA’s Smoke Free Life Program is here to help you quit. Call 206-288-7766